Friday, May 15, 2009

Where does he come up with this stuff?!

First and foremost, I had the chance to do a girl's weekend getaway to New Orleans, courtesy of my fabulous friends, Jason & Emily (shout out to them!). We stayed with one of Emily's best friends from childhood (Melissa and her fiance Danny) and got to spend time with one of my best friends from childhood, Julie, who lives down there. What a fabulous weekend! I couldn't have asked for a better time and we were treated spectacularly! Thanks, too, to Lala and Boppie for watching the little guy. You're the best!

Anyhow, when I got back, Peter was in his usual rare form, which is energetic and happy! He had been feeling kind of punky before I left, so it was nice to have him back to himself. It seemed, too, that when he turned 2, he became a "no" man. Said "NO!" to everything. I told him I wanted my "Yes Peter" back and he seems to be!

So a couple more Peter-isms...

My mom stopped by for a visit earlier this week and Peter was still struggling a bit with a chunky cough. Nana said to him, "Peter! Where did that cough come from?" His response: "From my mouth!"

Then the next night, he took a wee bit of a tumble down the steps while heading up to get his pajamas on. He was relaying the story to Tom, and as Peter told it, "I fell down the stairs. I bunka my head. (long pause)...That happens." Tom and I were just rolling!

This morning, he looked at me and said, "Mama, what day is it?" I told him it was Friday. I don't think he has ANY sense of the days, so not sure where that came from! Nonetheless, it was amusing!

Peter brings so much joy and humor and laughter into my life...what a gift!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment